Sunday, November 11, 2007

What color will it be today?

My teenage daughter was dying to color her hair. It seems that coloring your hair is the "in" thing right now at school. This summer, she used lemon juice. It was a disaster. Her hair, which is normally a sandy blonde, turned an ugly yellow color.

Her friends at school told her she'd look good with darker hair. So naturally, this time she wanted to go dark and go dark she did. It's kind of a brownish/redish color, and it looks pretty good. That was 2 weeks ago.

NOW, she wants to get a new hair cut AND get like blonde hair back with blue and black streaks. What in the world is that all about?

She's trying to convince me that the streaks are cool. It may very well be, but what she wants done would cost me at least $100. I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on her hair, when I'm quite sure that it would only last about 3 weeks before she needed a change. I would think it'd be a costly hairdo to maintain.

No comments: