Sunday, March 9, 2008

Baseball Cookies



With baseball season upon us, I wanted to try my hand at making baseball cookies. A few of them turned out pretty good, but most of them were pretty rough. I was surprised to find that the stitching was not the hard part. The hard part was getting the white icing to stay and look smooth. I tried to get the edges of the icing to look round, and when that didn't work I tried just going over the side of the cookie. That didn't work too well either, so I will have to do some research to see if there is a trick to icing a cookie.
They were fun to make, so I'll have to practice. From my previous post, you know that I am taking a cake decorating classes. Hopefully, that will help and I'll become better at winging it on things like baseball cookies.

No comments: