Monday, February 7, 2011

I Wanna Be SuperMom!

As a working mom, I struggle, like many of you.  I struggle to be the wife I want to be, the mom I need to be, the employee I should be, and the individual I dare to be.   So how do you be all to everyone?
If you have an answer to that, I’d love to hear!
I do work a full time job, away from the house.  I quit my job many years ago and stayed home for a few years, but then went back to work out of fear of starting at the bottom again.  I’ve been working again for about 5 years now, and my kids are almost grown.  I say they are almost grown…I have about 5 more years with my youngest.
I do a lot for my kids.  I am very involved in their activities.  Although I don’t miss much when it comes to the kids, I spend my days wishing I could do more.
When I’m at home, it’s hard to do anything productive.  I want to enjoy my time at home with my family; because I know that, in just two short days, I have to go back to work and start all over again.  However, when I’m at work, I spend my time making notes on little yellow post-its of things I should have done, had forgotten to do, or need to do next time I’m off.  It’s a vicious circle.

No comments: