Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I HOPE THIS IS THE LAST SNOW DAY

 Before all this started, I was hoping for a snow day.  Here in the central US, we'd had such a mild winter so far...we'd even hit record warmth on a few days...it just really didn't feel like winter.  So, I jinxed us.  I said, on several occassions, that I would like to have a snow day.  I just wanted to be off work with my kids for one day, without having to take vacation. 

Well, last week, I got 3 days.  Two were given, but the third, I couldn't get out of the neighborhood, so I took vacation.  Today...another snow day.  The snow has been coming down since about 3:00 this morning.  Although it's very pretty as I sit here and look out the window, I really am tired of the cold.  I just bought some new peep-toe shoes that I'm dying to wear, and I'm tired of 24/7 weather coverage!

On the other hand, I woke with a terrible headache, so staying home is a blessing.  I have a bulging disc that pinches a nerve and causes numbness and pain in my right arm.  Today, I woke with a headache at the base of my skull.  It doesn't really do this much, but it is not enjoyable.  From what I understand, once I start having headaches from it, it's pretty bad.  PT didn't help.  I'm going to another doctor in a few days, so hopefully he has a fix.

No comments: