Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Recovery - Day 1

Less than 24 hours after surgery, and I am already home.  I had assumed, by the way everyone talked, that I would be in the hospital at least 2 nights, possibly 3.  I had surgery at 12:30 yesterday.  They said I was doing well, and about 8:30 this morning, I was checking out of the hospital.

I am pleasantly surprised at how things went.  They took bone from my hip, and told me that would hurt for at least 8 weeks.  I didn't even know they had done it.  I had to ask which side they'd cut, because I couldn't even tell it was there.  While my neck and shoulder areas do ache and hurt, it isn't like I thought it'd be.  I'm quite thankful for that.  I was pretty healthy before the surgery, so I guess that helps.

I came home to lay down, and finally just moved to the chair in the living room.  I can't get comfortable enough to sleep.  Not sure what I'm gonna do there.  I may have to take a double does of pain meds tonight to help me sleep.

No comments: